Last Friday, I was fortunate to be one of the 100,000+ attendees at Leadercast Live 2015. What a great experience! I’m so thankful our team was given time off for developing leadership. The event was part of Leadercast, an organization focused on equipping the everyday leader with the tools they need to drive measurable actions and impact the lives of those they lead. This year, the focus was on bravery, and what it means to lead with a posture of unrelenting boldness.
Every speaker was truly incredible. Who doesn’t learn from Seth Godin? I want to highlight a few of my personal favorites:
- Andy Stanley, Leadership Communicator, Author and Pastor:
- Brave, bold Leaders refused to be cowed by “HOW?”
- When someone shares a big idea, we must respond with ‘WOW!’ Not ‘HOW?’
- Bill McDermott, CEO of SAP:
- Run Simple: Complexity is killing companies
- Trust is the ultimate human currency
- Focus on your strengths and not your weaknesses
- Rudy Giuliani, 107th Mayor of New York City (1993 – 2001)
- You must have strong beliefs and big goals
- Be an Optimist: people follow a problem solver who thinks positively
Hearing stories from the leaders mentioned above along with many others fuels my desire to be a leader and to stand up for what is right.
Did any of you attend? If so, who was your favorite speaker? I’ll definitely be back next year and hope you will consider attending as well.