DIGITAL MARKETING FOR NONPROFIT & 501 ORGANIZATIONS
Most small businesses have limited resources to spend on advertising and marketing. But for many nonprofits and 501c3 organizations, time and money are in especially short supply. However, the Catch-22 is that you must invest in outreach and marketing in order to attract more volunteers and donors to keep the lights on and make a bigger impact.
While we want to see all types of nonprofits thriving, the reality is that there’s a limited pool of funds and volunteers available to mission-based organizations like yours. This means that in order to attract more donors and volunteers, you need to outrank and outshine other local nonprofits competing for the same resources.
By partnering with our nonprofit digital marketing experts, we will pull out all of the stops to accomplish your organization’s goals—from search engine optimization (SEO), content and video marketing, to social media, paid search, event marketing and email campaigns that generate buzz and attract donors and volunteers.
One of the most powerful tools you have is your unique story and mission, and we can help more people see what makes your organization different.
Founded in 2002, Brown Bag Marketing is a full-service Atlanta digital marketing agency specializing in end-to-end online marketing services, solutions and most importantly, RESULTS for not-for-profit and 501 organizations.
We pride ourselves on being a sensible, no-nonsense partner for organizations that are serious about growing their mission and making a bigger impact.
For nearly 20 years, we’ve delivered successful, measurable results for clients here in Atlanta and organizations nationwide. Our nonprofit marketing specialists can help your organization grow and thrive. But don’t just take our word for it. We have the experience to prove it.
These Brands have trusted Brown Bag Marketing
A ONE-STOP-SHOP FOR ALL OF YOUR NONPROFIT MARKETING NEEDS
Content & Social
Content strategies that engage customers in a personal way to generate brand awareness and drive traffic.Read More
Web & App
From websites to mobile apps, we create digital experiences that get your company noticed.Read More
High-performance idea generation. Day-to-day campaign management.Read More
Targeted strategies and tactics. Measured results.Read More
Memorable brand stories that connect.Read More
A sound game plan for reaching the market, grounded in a good story.Read More
From awareness to close, tools that move prospects efficiently through the funnel – getting your deals closed faster.Read More
Custom search engine marketing services for B2B and B2C.Read More
Our clients are important to us
CASE STUDY: BREATHING NEW LIFE INTO ATLANTA’S OLDEST NONPROFIT
In 2012, The Empty Stocking Fund (ESF) asked us to infuse new life into Atlanta’s oldest nonprofit. With an aging donor base and a dated identity, ESF needed to develop a new brand strategy that connected with a broader demographic. Brown Bag Marketing fell in love with The Empty Stocking Fund and their mission, and now our Baggers volunteer year after year at Santa’s Village!
The services we executed included:
- Brand Development
- Campaign Creation & Management
- Content & Social Media Marketing
- Digital Marketing
- Web & App Development
Our work for The Empty Stocking Fund earned us the 2017 Nonprofit Marketing Award by the Technology Association of Georgia (TAG).
CASE STUDY: CAMPAIGN TO SUPPORT OUR 4-LEGGED HEROES
At Brown Bag Marketing, we love a brand that believes in a cause—and actually does something about it.
So when K-9 Courage, a charitable healthcare donation program on a mission to provide monetary and product donations to support former police and military dogs, asked us to help them better assure caregivers that these courageous and loyal retired dogs continue to live happy and healthy lives, they were barking up the right tree.
As notorious animal lovers, we were proud to serve. In less than a year, we were proud to help them meet their goal of supporting 500 K-9 heroes.
NONPROFIT MARKETING FACTS AND STATISTICS
- Approximately 1.54 million nonprofits were registered with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in 2016, an increase of 4.5 percent from 2006. The competition is getting fierce!
- In 2017, charitable giving exceeded $400 billion for the first time ever. This was spurred by growth from all 4 sources of giving—individuals, foundations, bequests and corporations.
- The largest source of charitable giving came from individuals at $309.66 billion, or 69 percent of total giving in 2019.
- Approximately 77 million Americans—30 percent of the adult population—volunteer their time, talents and energy to making a difference.
- Donors recommended grants from donor-advised funds totaling $23.42 billion to charities in 2018.
- Sixty percent of millennials donate an average of $481 to nonprofits each year.
- Seventy-five percent of young donors are turned off by out-of-date websites.
- Online gifts made up 8.7 percent of total giving in 2019.
- Donations made on a branded donation form are, on average, 38 percent larger than contributions made through a generic PayPal page.
- Supporters are nearly 70 percent more likely to give a second donation if they used a branded page the first time they made a contribution.
- Online resources are considered 20 percent more useful than direct mail when it comes to influencing donors.
- Fifty-seven percent of people who watch nonprofit videos go on to make a donation.
- Donors are 34 percent more likely to give on responsive websites.
- For every 1,000 website visitors, a nonprofit raises $612.
- Around 3.5 percent of all online revenue for nonprofits came via Facebook fundraisers.
- Approximately 26 percent of all online giving was processed on mobile devices.
- 19.4 percent of nonprofit event registrations occur on mobile devices.
- Fifty-one percent of people who visit a nonprofit’s website do so on a mobile device.
- Email has the highest return on investment of any marketing channel ($40 for every dollar spent).
- Giving is projected to increase by 5.1 percent in 2021.
Sources: https://www.givinginstitute.org/, https://www.nptrust.org/philanthropic-resources/charitable-giving-statistics/, https://nccs.urban.org/, https://www.qgiv.com/blog/fundraising-statistics/, https://www.nptechforgood.com/2019/07/21/82-fundraising-and-social-media-stats-for-nonprofits/
WHY HAVING A NONPROFIT MARKETING STRATEGY IS KEY
Creating a strategic nonprofit marketing and growth plan is essential if you want to see your organization’s mission reach its full potential. An effective nonprofit marketing strategy helps you attract the donations, supporters and volunteers that power your organization, as well as allows you to engage and connect with your target audience and the local community at large.
Nonprofit marketing strategies benefit 501s, not-for-profits and mission-driven organizations in the following ways:
- Fundraising. As you know, it takes steady funds as well as the help of dedicated volunteers and staff to run and grow your organization so that it has a bigger impact. Fundraising is a key component of your nonprofit’s success, and a digital marketing strategy can be a vital tool in accomplishing your fundraising goals by implementing monthly giving programs, recurring donations and attracting new donors, partners and grants.
- Branding. Although you might not think of your mission-based organization as a “brand” in the traditional sense, ultimately that’s exactly what it is. And like any other brand, you have to raise awareness and generate buzz through eye-catching and consistent messaging and design. Professional branding also helps set your organization up for success when attracting volunteers, donations and grants.
- Promotion. In order to achieve the biggest impact and grow your donor base, your organization needs to be actively promoting your mission and brand. How will the people, animals or causes you support benefit if your target audience can’t find you? The more people who know about your organization, the larger your impact will be. A strategic marketing plan can help put your nonprofit in the spotlight.
Whether your goal is to attract more volunteers, donors, funders, constituents, grants or attention, a comprehensive marketing strategy can help your nonprofit organization create a roadmap for growth and success.
WHY NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS CHOOSE BROWN BAG MARKETING
At Brown Bag Marketing, we first take the time to get to know your organization’s unique needs, goals and budget. This approach is one of the reasons why we’re one of the top Atlanta digital marketing agencies for nonprofits and 501 organizations.
Here are some other reasons why nonprofits near and far choose us for digital marketing advice, services and solutions:
Cost shouldn’t be your only priority when it comes to hiring the best digital marketing agency, but it might be an important factor on a strained budget. At Brown Bag, rest assured that you’ll get the highest return on your investment (ROI). We strive to deliver results that go above and beyond what our clients pay for.
As a boutique digital marketing agency, we’re more dedicated and passionate about achieving success for each and every one of our clients by putting all we’ve got into their success. We won’t stop until we’ve delivered high-quality work that we’re proud of and you’re ecstatic about.
We are deeply invested and committed to each of our clients. Unlike large marketing agencies that juggle many different projects poorly, we focus our full attention on just a handful of businesses and organizations with which we believe in and build long-term relationships. At Brown Bag Marketing, you’re not just another number or account. Your personal success matters to us!
The corporate grind is great for making executives rich, but this system tends to squash employee diversity, creativity and idea generation. At Brown Bag, we give everyone a voice and encourage creativity at all levels. We excel at coming up with inventive and outside-of-the-box solutions to the biggest challenges.
No matter the project, there’s always going to be issues and concerns that will pop up that must be addressed quickly. In these instances, it’s important to have a partner you can easily communicate with to discuss potential solutions. You’ll never have a problem getting a hold of us — we’re right by your side from start to finish!
Investing in digital marketing for your organization is a big decision on a tight budget and it’s important to partner with an expert whose eagerness to get down to business matches yours. We guarantee that we’ll match your enthusiasm…and then some. We’re passionate to work with you!
Corporate marketing firms often have rigid structures and systems that make them unable (or unwilling) to adapt to their client’s individual needs. As a boutique agency, agility and adaptability are qualities that come second nature for us! We customize every marketing strategy for each client because we don’t believe in cookie-cutter approaches or taking shortcuts.
Our diverse team is widely skilled and trained in a broad range of internet marketing tactics, strategies and methods. This expertise allows us to target niche audiences and topics that larger agencies simply don’t have experience in.
Meet the Brains behind Brown Bag Marketing
Our team of "baggers," as we call them, come to our Atlanta internet marketing agency from all walks of life and professional backgrounds. We are an exceptionally talented, hardworking and seriously curious bunch of folks — and we want to get to know you and your business needs. We invite you to get to know us too!