REPORTS TO: VP, Creative
ROLE: The Associate Creative Director is responsible for supporting the creative team in the creation, concepting, and implementation of digital and traditional projects. The ACD supervises creative resources and concepts for integrated brand campaigns that span digital / traditional advertising, web sites, web / mobile apps, social campaigns, video, environmental / event experiences and other creative solutions. This position includes working with account and project management teams to ensure projects satisfy the client, go out on time and on budget, and support project strategy.
- Strategize and concept
- Know the brands, their competitors and their categories
- Weave compelling brand, customer and business stories
- Mentor and coach to agency ADs and CWs
- The work. The brand. The team. The agency.
- Shoulder the standards for damn good work
- Put team over title. Every day.
- Ask the questions no one asks
- Play well with others (account folks, planning folks, client folks, other agency folks, etc.)
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DAY TO DAY TASKS:
- Work closely with the creative team to foster an environment where the best ideas prevail
- Study the digital design/mobile marketplace
- Bring creative solutions to the management team to ensure cutting-edge design is always at the forefront
- Maintain external professional relationships to assure the ongoing availability of specialized expertise.
- Influence and/or edit copy developed by various freelance copywriters to ensure that it reflects the respective brands and their style guidelines.
- Work closely with the Resource Manager to assign resources based on an agency and client need/style requirements.
- Keep the Project Managers aware of the use of outside services and materials to assure timely billing.
- Participate in creative consultations/kickoffs with client facing teams to assure appropriate schedules, budgets, production support, necessary reviews, and client presentations.
- Participate in Discovery meetings to understand clients’ brand messages, educate team, and ensure the delivery of creative that meets client requirements.
- Develop strong partnerships with Project Management teams to ensure execution of creative is relevant, appropriate and meets project objectives.
- Oversee execution of creative efforts to ensure they are on strategy
- Support new business efforts as directed, especially with content development and concept articulation.
- Participate in the development of client presentations, rationales.
- Guide and inspire creative teams.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- 5+ years industry experience with at least two years previous experience in a high-volume environment.
- A powerful portfolio of creative that demonstrates originality, innovation, problem-solving, and personal expression with digital and traditional examples.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, utilize resources, identify and address problems, meet deadlines, and stay within budget.
- Experience in coordinating work of art directors, copywriters, designers, and production personnel.
- Proficiency with software applications such as Adobe CC and Microsoft 365.
- Strong interpersonal skills; a team player, persuasive negotiator, positive and innovative thinker.
- Highly motivated and a high level of initiative; ability to work independently, in support of the agency’s creative goals and the clients’ business objectives.
YOU’RE RIGHT FOR THIS ROLE IF:
- You are curious and constantly ask “why”
- You like to work hard and play hard
- You’re an “ideas” person and won’t quit until you’re satisfied it’s not just what the client asked for but what they wanted and didn’t know it
- You can explain creative to non-creative people in a way which brings them into the conversation
- You don’t have to show everyone you are the smartest person in the room even though you might possibly be
- You enjoy serving as a thought leader
- You understand the difference between being a leader vs being a manager