DIGITAL MARKETING FOR MANUFACTURING COMPANIES
If the U.S. economy is a pie, American manufacturers account for a pretty large slice—as much as 11.39 percent, according to the National Association of Manufacturers. There were approximately 12.8 million manufacturing employees in the U.S. in 2018, which equated to roughly 8.51 percent of the workforce.
Simply put, manufacturing is BIG business in the U.S. and the competition to stand out from your competitors is fierce. Increasingly, what separates the winners from the losers in the manufacturing sector is which companies have embraced new technology to optimize their processes—and which haven’t.
Manufacturers who embrace technological innovation not only have an opportunity to boost efficiency and profits, but they also have a leg-up when it comes to marketing and advertising.
While there’s certainly still a place for trade shows and face-to-face promotion, increasingly B2B and B2C marketers are turning to digital marketing to establish their online brand and break into new markets that hold the key to long-term longevity.
The manufacturing industry is changing rapidly. The question is are you willing to adapt and thrive?
At Brown Bag Marketing, we’ve partnered with several manufacturing companies and honed our skills in how to generate maximum ROI and growth by leveraging online assets like company websites. Founded in 2002, we are a full-service Atlanta digital marketing agency specializing in end-to-end online marketing services, solutions and most importantly, RESULTS for leaders in the manufacturing industry.
We pride ourselves on being a sensible, no-nonsense partner for companies that are serious about growing their businesses and expanding their market share.
For nearly 20 years, we’ve delivered successful, measurable results for clients here in Atlanta and organizations nationwide. Our industrial marketing specialists can help your company grow and thrive. But don’t just take our word for it. We have the experience to prove it.
These Brands have trusted Brown Bag Marketing
A ONE-STOP-SHOP FOR ALL OF YOUR MANUFACTURING MARKETING NEEDS
Lead generation solutions for financial services
Custom search engine marketing services for B2B and B2C.
From awareness to close, the tools that move prospects through the funnel.
Content & Social Media Marketing
Content strategies that customers engage with in a personal way.
A sound game plan for reaching the market that’s grounded in a good story.
Web & App Development
From cool corporate websites to mobile apps, digital experiences that get clients noticed.
Campaign Creation and Management
High-performance idea generation, day-to-day management and optimization of campaigns.
Targeted strategies and tactics. Measurable programs.
Our clients are important to us
CASE STUDY: REBRANDING A STATE-OF-THE-ART BEVERAGE MANUFACTURER
Arcadia Beverage enlisted our help in rebranding the company. They wanted to abandon its image as a family-owned business and, instead, promote their brand as the state-of-the-art beverage manufacturer it truly is. From brand messaging strategy and identity to a new website and tradeshow graphics, we helped them share their story with the world.
We skillfully delivered the following services:
- Brand Development
- Digital Marketing
- Web & App Development
CASE STUDY: END-TO-END SOLUTIONS FOR A GLOBAL MANUFACTURER
What began as a one-time project bloomed into a full-service partnership. We are proud to support Flex‘s content marketing, creative campaigns and digital marketing efforts. The global manufacturing leader looks to us for strategic direction in cloud and communications, brand, manufacturing, healthcare and supply chain thought leadership content.
We also helped Flex showcase their end-to-end IoT solution—from device manufacturing (in this case, the smallest wearable available on the market, which was embedded in jewelry) through the IoT platform—by building a custom dashboard for CES, the biggest consumer electronics show of the year.
We skillfully delivered the following services:
- Campaign creation & management
- Content & social media marketing
- Digital Marketing
- Marketing strategy
B2B MANUFACTURING MARKETING FACTS AND STATISTICS
- Only 30 percent of marketers in the manufacturing industry feel that they are using their web and social content effectively.
- According to a Forrester report, nurturing leads through web marketing is one-third the cost of traditional marketing strategies and typically generates up to 50 percent more manufacturing purchases.
- Half of B2B companies outsource at least 1 content marketing activity, with content creation being the most likely.
- Only 21 percent of manufacturing marketers report that they have a documented marketing strategy.
- Blog posts/short articles are the highest performing for building B2B brand awareness, while email newsletters are highest for nurturing leads.
- Most B2B marketers use content marketing successfully to achieve top-of-funnel goals. Fewer report using it successfully on activities that deepen relationships.
- Eighty-four percent of B2B marketers use paid distribution channels for content marketing purposes.
- Over a third (35 percent) of B2B marketers say that they don’t track key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure marketing ROI. Only 43 percent measure content marketing ROI.
- The top 2 technologies B2B organizations use to assist with content marketing are analytics tools (86 percent) and email marketing software (85 percent).
- The top 3 types of content B2B marketers use are social media content (95 percent), blog posts/short articles (89 percent) and email newsletters (81 percent).
- Over half (52 percent) of B2B marketers report their organization has a small (or one-person) marketing/content marketing team serving the entire organization.
- Regardless of their organization’s size, B2B marketers say half the content they produce is created for audiences in the early stages of the customer journey (top of the funnel).
- Of those who use paid advertising, 38 percent say they’ve shifted paid advertising dollars to content marketing in the last 12 months.
Sources: https://contentmarketinginstitute.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/2020_B2B_Research_Final.pdf, https://www.forrester.com/report/The+Forrester+Wave+LeadToRevenue+Management+Platform+Vendors+Q4+2016/-/E-RES134661
DO YOU HAVE A DOCUMENTED MANUFACTURING MARKETING STRATEGY?
In today’s world, lead generation starts with your website. If your site isn’t responsive and packed full of informative content that leads the prospect through your entire funnel, then you’re basically handing buyers and partners over to your competitors on a silver plate. Your online presence is your best shot to prove that your company is professional, effective and successful.
Documenting your marketing strategy is key to understanding your goals and target audience, as well as measuring the results of your efforts to maximize ROI.
At Brown Bag, our experts can develop a custom documented digital marketing strategy to help you generate more business from your websites through the following tactics:
- Defining your target audience (persona)
- Responsible mobile design
- Results-driven paid advertising and remarketing
- High-quality, customer-focused content
- Optimized social media targeting
- Customized and automated email marketing campaigns
- Search engine optimization (SEO) best practices
- Lead tracking and analytics
WHY MANUFACTURERS CHOOSE BROWN BAG MARKETING
At Brown Bag Marketing, we first take the time to get to know your business’s unique needs, goals and budget. This approach is one of the reasons why we’re one of the top Atlanta digital marketing agencies for manufacturing companies.
Here are some other reasons why manufacturers near and far choose us for end-to-end digital marketing advice, services and solutions:
Cost shouldn’t be your only priority when it comes to hiring the best digital marketing agency, but it might be an important factor on a strained budget. At Brown Bag, rest assured that you’ll get the highest return on your investment (ROI). We strive to deliver results that go above and beyond what our clients pay for.
As a boutique digital marketing agency, we’re more dedicated and passionate about achieving success for each and every one of our clients by putting all we’ve got into their success. We won’t stop until we’ve delivered high-quality work that we’re proud of and you’re ecstatic about.
We are deeply invested and committed to each of our clients. Unlike large marketing agencies that juggle many different projects poorly, we focus our full attention on just a handful of businesses and organizations with which we believe in and build long-term relationships. At Brown Bag Marketing, you’re not just another number or account. Your personal success matters to us!
The corporate grind is great for making executives rich, but this system tends to squash employee diversity, creativity and idea generation. At Brown Bag, we give everyone a voice and encourage creativity at all levels. We excel at coming up with inventive and outside-of-the-box solutions to the biggest challenges.
No matter the project, there’s always going to be issues and concerns that will pop up that must be addressed quickly. In these instances, it’s important to have a partner you can easily communicate with to discuss potential solutions. You’ll never have a problem getting a hold of us — we’re right by your side from start to finish!
Investing in digital marketing for your organization is a big decision on a tight budget and it’s important to partner with an expert whose eagerness to get down to business matches yours. We guarantee that we’ll match your enthusiasm…and then some. We’re passionate to work with you!
Corporate marketing firms often have rigid structures and systems that make them unable (or unwilling) to adapt to their client’s individual needs. As a boutique agency, agility and adaptability are qualities that come second nature for us! We customize every marketing strategy for each client because we don’t believe in cookie-cutter approaches or taking shortcuts.
Our diverse team is widely skilled and trained in a broad range of internet marketing tactics, strategies and methods. This expertise allows us to target niche audiences and topics that larger agencies simply don’t have experience in.
Meet the Brains behind Brown Bag Marketing
Our team of "baggers," as we call them, come to our Atlanta internet marketing agency from all walks of life and professional backgrounds. We are an exceptionally talented, hardworking and seriously curious bunch of folks — and we want to get to know you and your business needs. We invite you to get to know us too!