Digital Marketing Solutions for Small Businesses
One of the great things about digital marketing compared to traditional marketing is that it helps even the playing field by giving every business—from mom-and-pop shops to Fortune 500 companies—access to the same massive audience of the more than 4.5 billion active internet users in the world. Even though your ideal target audience may only make up just a sliver of this massive online “pie,” both small businesses and corporations alike have access to the same tools, techniques and strategies for putting their brand in front of the right eyes.
Of course, large corporations and companies still tend to have an advantage over small businesses when it comes to things like the size of their marketing budget. Digital marketing can be time-consuming, and you may think you don’t have the capability or resources to compete against the big guys.
Fortunately, you don’t have to take on this challenge solo. Running a small business is hard work. Why not focus your valuable time and attention on managing the business and doing what you love, and let us take care of all your digital marketing needs?
Here at Brown Bag Marketing, we measure success differently than most. Our primary goal is to boost your brand reputation, build relationships with prospective clients and customers, and funnel high-quality leads to your business. We don’t give a hoot how small your marketing team is or how large your budget is.
Founded in 2002, Brown Bag Marketing is a full-service Atlanta digital marketing agency specializing in end-to-end online marketing services, solutions and most importantly, RESULTS. We pride ourselves in being a sensible, no-nonsense partner for entrepreneurs who are serious about differentiating their small business from competitors.
For nearly 20 years, we’ve delivered successful, measurable results to local Atlanta-area mom-and-pops and small businesses nationwide. Whether you’re just starting out or you’re a well-established brand, our small business marketing specialists can help your enterprise shine. Let us show you how.
With us, your small business’s success is in the bag!
These Brands Have Trusted Brown Bag Marketing
A one-stop-shop for all of your small business marketing needs
Content & Social Media Marketing
Content strategies that customers engage with in a personal way.
Web & App Development
From cool corporate websites to mobile apps, digital experiences that get clients noticed.
Campaign Creation and Management
High-performance idea generation, day-to-day management and optimization of campaigns.
Targeted strategies and tactics. Measurable programs.
Memorable brand stories people connect with.
A sound game plan for reaching the market that’s grounded in a good story.
From awareness to close, the tools that move prospects through the funnel.
Custom search engine marketing services for B2B and B2C.
Our Clients are Important to Us
What is small business digital marketing?
Traditional marketing methods primarily consist of advertising your business via print advertising (i.e. newspapers, magazines, business cards, yellow pages, etc.), TV and radio commercials, billboards and direct mailers. While some of these tactics can still be somewhat effective today, small businesses and their customers increasingly prefer marketing strategies that are more dynamic, customized and engaging.
This is where digital marketing comes in.
By taking advantage of creative online and internet marketing tactics, your business can meet prospective customers and clients where they are.
Digital marketing encompasses all online and internet-based strategies, tactics and channels such as social media, email, search engine (SEO), blogs, video, podcasts, pay-per-click (PPC), mobile and other efforts aimed at connecting with current and prospective consumers digitally. The goal of digital marketing is to help people locate, connect and engage with your business online.
Bottom line, here’s the tea:
If you don’t bother to engage with folks online, you can guarantee that your competitors will.
- Businesses run print ads to attract new customers and clients
- Ads are focused on being entertaining or eye-catching
- ROI is difficult to track
- One-sided communication can feel forced
- Customers find and connect with businesses online and on social media
- Content is focused on being educational and informative, as well as engaging the community
- ROI is measurable and easy to track
- Interactive, 2-way communication feels natural and organic
Small business marketing trends and statistics
If you’re like most entrepreneurs, your budget is tight and you constantly have to make difficult decisions about how and when to invest in your small business.
So is digital marketing actually worth the hype?
Here are some small business marketing statistics and trends that we believe show the importance of digital marketing:
- Forty-seven percent of businesses emphasize marketing as their top growth strategy.
- Forty-nine percent of users say they use Google to discover or find a new item or product.
- Ninety-two percent of small business owners think that having a website is the most effective digital marketing strategy, yet only 64 percent of small businesses actually have their own site.
- Seventy-nine percent of entrepreneurs with a business website expect to grow at least 25 percent in the next 3 to 5 years, compared to 64 percent of those without a site.
- Nearly half (47 percent) of small businesses spent less than $10,000 on digital marketing in 2018, indicating that they have small or nonexistent budgets.
- The number of smartphone users worldwide is expected to rise up to 3.8 billion.
- Over three-quarters (76 percent) of people who search for something nearby on their smartphone visit a related business within a day, and 28 percent of those searches result in a purchase.
- Seventy-seven percent of smartphone shoppers are more likely to purchase from companies whose mobile sites or apps allow them to make purchases quickly.
- The average shopping cart abandonment rate is 69.57 percent.
- Forty-six percent of people say they would not purchase from a brand again if they had an interruptive mobile experience.
- Forty-one percent of local businesses depend on social media to drive revenue, and 74 percent of consumers rely on social media to guide purchasing decisions.
- Customers who engage with a business on social media spend up to 40 percent more with them in the long term.
- On average, companies allocate 32 percent of their total marketing budgets toward content.
- Nearly half (47 percent) of small business owners run marketing entirely on their own, and almost half spend less than 2 hours per week on marketing efforts.
- Seventy-five percent of small business owners think that internet marketing is very effective or effective for attracting new customers.
Why digital marketing is a game-changer for small businesses
Digital marketing is one of the most cost-effective marketing strategies for small businesses.
In order to truly understand the value of digital marketing for small businesses, it’s important to map your average consumer’s journey. Consumers rarely (if ever) become a loyal customer all at once. Rather, there are many little steps (or “touchpoints”) along the way that influence whether or not a customer ultimately chooses your business.
Traditionally described as a funnel, many business owners are told that the consumer journey is linear and looks something like this:
The consumer becomes aware of your brand.
The consumer learns more about your brand and what sets you apart.
The consumer has a need that your business might fill and compares you to competitors.
The consumer selects your products or services and converts to a customer.
The customer is happy with your product or service and becomes a loyal advocate and ambassador for your brand.
However, the reality is that today’s consumer is more informed and discerning when it comes to choosing the best products and services—thanks, in large part, to all of the available options and information found online. As a result, small businesses must embrace a more nuanced and non-linear approach to the consumer journey.
The real power of digital marketing is being able to position your businesses to be there along the entire customer decision journey.
When margins are tight—like they often are with small businesses—you can’t afford to let any potential customer or prospective client slip through the cracks.
Why small businesses choose Brown Bag Marketing
As a small business ourselves, we understand the challenges and obstacles that entrepreneurs and small business owners face these days when it comes to growing a business. There’s a million and one “experts” out there telling you that you have to do this or that to outshine your competitors. Rather than giving generic, 2-cent feedback, first we take the time to get to know your unique business needs and goals. This approach is one of the reasons why we’re one of the top Atlanta digital marketing agencies for small businesses.
Here are some other reasons why small businesses near and far choose us for digital marketing advice, services and solutions:
Cost shouldn’t be your only priority when it comes to hiring the best digital marketing agency, but it might be an important factor on a strained budget. At Brown Bag, rest assured that you’ll get a higher return on your investment (ROI). We strive to deliver results that go above and beyond what our clients pay for.
As a boutique digital marketing agency, we’re more dedicated and passionate about achieving success for each and every one of our clients by putting all we’ve got into their success. We won’t stop until we’ve delivered high-quality work that we’re proud of and you’re ecstatic about.
We are deeply invested and committed to each of our clients. Unlike large marketing agencies that juggle many different projects poorly, we focus our full attention on just a handful of businesses that we believe in and build a long-term relationship with. At Brown Bag Marketing, you’re not just another number or account. Your personal success matters to us!
At Brown Bag, we give everyone a voice and encourage creativity at all levels. We excel at coming up with inventive and outside-of-the-box solutions to the biggest challenges.
No matter the project, there’s always going to be issues and concerns that will pop up that must be addressed quickly. In these instances, it’s important to have a partner you can easily communicate with to discuss potential solutions. You’ll never have a problem getting a hold of us — we’re right by your side from start to finish!
Investing in digital marketing for your small business is a big decision and it’s important to partner with an expert whose eagerness to get down to business matches yours. We guarantee that we’ll match your enthusiasm…and then some. We’re passionate to work with you!
Corporate marketing firms often have rigid structures and systems that make them unable (or unwilling) to adapt to their client’s individual needs. As a boutique agency, agility and adaptability are qualities that come second nature for us! We customize every marketing strategy for each client because we don’t believe in cookie-cutter approaches.
Our diverse team is widely skilled and trained in a broad range of digital marketing tactics, strategies and methods. This expertise allows us to target niche audiences and topics that large agencies simply don’t have experience in.
Meet the Brains behind Brown Bag Marketing
Our team of "baggers," as we call them, come to our Atlanta internet marketing agency from all walks of life and professional backgrounds. We are an exceptionally talented, hardworking and seriously curious bunch of folks — and we want to get to know you and your business needs. We invite you to get to know us too!