DIGITAL MARKETING SOLUTIONS FOR VETERINARIANS & ANIMAL DOCTORS
Whether you’re a veterinarian, veterinary technologist or technician, veterinary assistant or laboratory animal caretaker, or you manage administrative tasks and marketing for a veterinary practice, you’ve probably noticed that the veterinary industry has become increasingly competitive in recent years. A mix of factors such as a growing pet population, the aging of the pet population and expanding pet treatment options are all working together to drive up consumer demand for the best veterinary services.
As the veterinary field becomes more crowded, it becomes harder for individual practitioners to stand out and attract new patients. Unless you’re Doctor Dolittle, your target audience isn’t your patients but rather their human parents. And pet parents are understandably particular and guarded about who they let care for their beloved furry/feathered/scaly animal companions. You only have 1 shot to make a good first impression, which is why it’s essential that veterinary professionals begin building trust, expertise and authenticity from the moment the visitor lands on their website.
Another important part of growing your practice is being accessible to pet owners when and where they need you—which increasingly involves digital marketing and SEO. Even if a new patient is a “walk-in,” odds are that they’ve already done some research and found your practice online by searching “veterinarians near me” or simply “vets near me.”
In fact, over 90 percent of people who visit a local business (including veterinary clinics) do an online search first.
Pet owners tend to take their time and do their research when it comes to finding the right person to care for their beloved animal companion. Digital marketing is all about making sure your practice is in the right place, at the right time, to be found by the right person.
Founded in 2002, Brown Bag Marketing is a full-service Atlanta digital marketing agency specializing in end-to-end online marketing services, solutions and most importantly, RESULTS for veterinary practices and clinics nationwide. We pride ourselves in being a sensible, no-nonsense partner for businesses that are serious about differentiating themselves from competitors.
For nearly 20 years, we’ve delivered successful, measurable results for clients here in Atlanta and small businesses nationwide. Our veterinarian digital marketing specialists can help your practice shine. Let us show you how.
With us, your small business’s success is in the bag!
These Brands Have Trusted Brown Bag Marketing
A one-stop-shop for all of your small business marketing needs
Content & Social
Content strategies that engage customers in a personal way to generate brand awareness and drive traffic.Read More
Web & App
From websites to mobile apps, we create digital experiences that get your company noticed.Read More
High-performance idea generation. Day-to-day campaign management.Read More
Targeted strategies and tactics. Measured results.Read More
Memorable brand stories that connect.Read More
A sound game plan for reaching the market, grounded in a good story.Read More
From awareness to close, tools that move prospects efficiently through the funnel – getting your deals closed faster.Read More
Custom search engine marketing services for B2B and B2C.Read More
Our Clients are Important to Us
VETERINARY CLINIC MARKETING STRATEGIES & TACTICS
Building trust online with a new prospective pet owner can be a challenge; however, there are ways to show that your practice is professional, experienced and trustworthy before you meet face-to-face.
At Brown Bag, we can help establish trust and build your reputation as a top-notch veterinary practice through the following digital marketing tactics and strategies:
- Reviews and testimonials. One of the main things people look out for when evaluating a business is online reviews and testimonials from past and current clients. We can help you solicit clients for positive feedback and feature it prominently on your website in order to show others that you practice what you preach.
- Content marketing. Your story is what makes your practice unique. We can help you connect with local pet owners by answering top questions and sharing why your clinic is special. For example, a well-crafted page or set of pages showcasing your friendly staff and vet professionals can help make people feel comfortable with their “pet doctor” and take the next step by becoming a loyal client.
- Reputation management. Digital marketing isn’t just about managing your own website, but also about managing the online reputation of your brand. We have tools, tricks and techniques to effectively keep track of what people are saying about your business and how to respond—whether it’s on social media, Yelp, Angie’s List, Google or any of the many other reviews sites.
- Responsive design. Most people use their smartphones and mobile devices to research products and services these days. If your website isn’t responsive, you risk making pet owners frustrated by the user experience and completely missing all of the qualities that make you the best at what you do. In addition to adapting to the user’s device, web design that draws their attention with happy looking canines and felines will do wonders for your practice.
- Organic search (SEO). Getting listed at the top of the Google search results is no easy task, especially if you live in an area that’s oversaturated with veterinary clinics. And make no mistake: where your practice ranks matters since 95 percent of all search traffic goes to the sites listed on page 1. We can implement tried and tested local SEO tactics to bring your clinic to the top of the results for searches in your area.
CASE STUDIES: AWARD-WINNING PET ENGAGEMENT AND LOYALTY APPS
A decade of experience working with the animal health industry prepared us to build Petlocity, a pet owner engagement and loyalty app that takes the mystery out of caring for pets. From design and development through launch and ongoing marketing support, Brown Bag created a unique platform that provides an effective line of communication between pet owners and their veterinarians—and keeps the pet’s health the top priority!
Our work on Petlocity won the 2019 Marketing Award for Excellence.
Vetlocity has an innovative loyalty platform that strengthens the bond between veterinarians, pet owners and manufacturers. But the company needed a brand story that would garner the attention of its prospects. From messaging and naming to visual identity and website development, Brown Bag gave Vetlocity a voice and image that reflect the sophisticated, yet simple elegance of the company and its solutions.
VETERINARY MARKETING STATISTICS
Here are some facts, figures and trends that veterinarians or people who manage veterinary practices might find interesting:
- The number of dogs kept as pets in the United States increased by 50 percent from 1988 to 2017.
- Nearly two-thirds of U.S. households now own a pet, but 27 percent of pet-owning households didn’t visit the veterinarian in 2016.
- Almost 83 percent of dog-owning households and 54.3 percent of cat-owning households made at least 1 visit to the vet in 2016.
- The average life expectancy for both cats and dogs has increased over time. The average dog’s life expectancy increased 12.4 percent, from 10.5 years in 2002 to 11.8 years in 2016. The average cat’s life expectancy increased 17.3 percent, from 11.0 years to 12.9 years over the same period. Aging pets, like aging humans, require more healthcare services.
- Total spending on veterinary care for all types of pets was $27.8 billion in 2016.
- Average yearly U.S. household spending on pets has increased 35 percent from $431 in 2007 to $583 in 2016.
- Among dog-owning households that visited veterinarians, 89.9 percent had a “regular veterinarian.” Among cat owners, the figure was 89.1 percent. The top 2 reasons why these households go to their regular veterinarian were for knowledgeable, high-quality care and because their regular veterinarian is kind and compassionate and handles dogs or cats well.
- Veterinary occupations are expected to add 51,700 new jobs and grow at a rate of 19 percent over the 2016-26 decade, almost 3 times faster than the 7-percent average projected for all occupations. Veterinary occupations are projected to nearly triple the average growth through 2026.
THE FUTURE OF TELEMEDICINE AND TECHNOLOGY IN VETERINARY CARE
While veterinarians often have a passion for what they do and a strong mission to help their furry, feathered and scaly patients, ultimately a vet practice is a small business like any other. As a small business ourselves, we understand the challenges and obstacles that veterinary practice owners face these days when it comes to expanding their business.
At Brown Bag Marketing, we first take the time to get to know your unique business needs and goals. This approach is one of the reasons why we’re one of the top Atlanta digital marketing agencies for veterinarians and small businesses.
Here are some other reasons why veterinarians near and far choose us for digital marketing advice, services and solutions:
Cost shouldn’t be your only priority when it comes to hiring the best digital marketing agency, but it might be an important factor on a strained budget. At Brown Bag, rest assured that you’ll get the highest return on your investment (ROI). We strive to deliver results that go above and beyond what our clients pay for.
As a boutique digital marketing agency, we’re more dedicated and passionate about achieving success for each and every one of our clients by putting all we’ve got into their success. We won’t stop until we’ve delivered high-quality work that we’re proud of and you’re ecstatic about.
We are deeply invested and committed to each of our clients. Unlike large marketing agencies that juggle many different projects poorly, we focus our full attention on just a handful of businesses that we believe in and build long-term relationships. At Brown Bag Marketing, you’re not just another number or account. Your personal success matters to us!
The corporate grind is great for making executives rich, but this system tends to squash employee diversity, creativity and idea generation. At Brown Bag, we give everyone a voice and encourage creativity at all levels. We excel at coming up with inventive and outside-of-the-box solutions to the biggest challenges.
No matter the project, there’s always going to be issues and concerns that will pop up that must be addressed quickly. In these instances, it’s important to have a partner you can easily communicate with to discuss potential solutions. You’ll never have a problem getting a hold of us — we’re right by your side from start to finish!
Investing in digital marketing for your practice is a big decision and it’s important to partner with an expert whose eagerness to get down to business matches yours. We guarantee that we’ll match your enthusiasm…and then some. We’re passionate to work with you!
Corporate marketing firms often have rigid structures and systems that make them unable (or unwilling) to adapt to their client’s individual needs. As a boutique agency, agility and adaptability are qualities that come second nature for us! We customize every marketing strategy for each client because we don’t believe in cookie-cutter approaches.
Our diverse team is widely skilled and trained in a broad range of digital marketing tactics, strategies and methods. This expertise allows us to target niche audiences and topics that larger agencies simply don’t have experience in.
Meet the Brains behind Brown Bag Marketing
Our team of "baggers," as we call them, come to our Atlanta internet marketing agency from all walks of life and professional backgrounds. We are an exceptionally talented, hardworking and seriously curious bunch of folks — and we want to get to know you and your business needs. We invite you to get to know us too!